A few years ago, I released my Sadie Quilt Pattern. I love this pattern, but I was never very happy with the photograph on the cover so making a new quilt and photographing it has been on my (very long) to do list. Then a few months ago, Ruby Star Society included the pattern in their lookbook using a fun new collection called Twirl and I knew it was time.
But of course, I couldn’t just take a new photo. Here are some things that have changed in the new pattern:
- Additional sizing. Yay! The original pattern had instructions for baby, lap, and twin sizes. The updated pattern adds queen AND king sizes.
- The instructions in the updated pattern are a little easier to follow. While the pattern itself isn’t tricky, there were some things that were a little tricky to explain and I feel like I have gotten a little better about doing that.
- There are new graphics that reflect the colors of the cover quilt.
There are also several things that haven’t changed since the original:
- The pattern is still fat quarter friendly. Yay! And the number required is flexible — the pattern lists the minimum number of fat quarters needed to make the quilt. I like the flexibility of being able to add in more fabrics if I want more variety
- There are still cutting diagrams showing how to cut your fat quarters.
- There are still instructions for the corner and side blocks that mean there is only a tiny bit of fabric trimmed when you finish your quilt.
- This pattern is still not jelly roll friendly — I’m sorry, it just doesn’t work for this quilt!
I hope you guys love this pattern even more now that it is new and improved. If you have previously purchased the PDF pattern through my shop, you should get have received an updated PDF. If you have previously purchased a paper version of the pattern, send me an email (preferably with your order number or with info about the shop where you purchased your pattern) and I will email the updated PDF to you.
Since this is a pattern re-do, I didn’t make a bunch of new samples but I will be sharing the older versions of the pattern that I made + my pattern testers’ quilts from the original pattern release + of course some new mockups.